Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Funny Kind of Night!

I know I know it's been a little too long since I've posted any new adventures and for that I do apologize. I have been a bit busy with work and trying to get my school stuff done for this fall and my parents came to town! Also, I'll be honest I was just being a little lazy!
Anyway, up until a week ago I had never seen a comedian live, which is a little strange since I watch comedians all the time on TV or Netflix with my husband! One of our favorite comedians is Michael Ian Black from hit shows like, " Stella, The State, Michael and Michael have Issues, Red Hot American Summer and I love the 80's!" If you haven't seen any or all of these I highly recommend that you stop what you are doing immediately and get to watching them! When my husband and I heard that he was coming to Zanies, a local comedy club, we had no hesitation in buying tickets and I am so glad we had this experience. I don't know if I have ever laughed that hard in my life. To see someone live that has been making you laugh through the TV screen for so long makes it even more hilarious. You pick up on their facial expressions and you have even heard a few of the jokes already, which are just as funny if not more than the first time you heard them. I love him even more now. After the show we waited in line to buy his book, which is hilarious, and got to have him sign in and take our picture with him.
He is really nice in person and as much as we planned what we were going to say to him, neither of us had the guts to actually do it. I guess we both were just starstruck!

Sign up to follow Michael Ian Black's Twitter account or follow him on facebook!

2 comments:

  1. cute picture! sounds like it was a fun (and funny!) night : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always good to "Laugh your A__ off". That is a quote from our local Comedy Caravan.

    ReplyDelete