Thursday, August 12, 2010

My bad day that turned out ok!

So you know when you are super tired of your hair and you finally get that hair up your butt to change it. I did that right after the wedding a couple months ago. I was so tired of my long hair that I had been growing out for the wedding that I was super ready to cut it off when I got back from the honeymoon. I have always wanted to try a reverse bob look where its shorter in back then angles down toward the front! Like this..

Bob Hairstyles 2010-3
but without the bangs. When I got this cut two months ago I was in love with it! So cute and fun. So today I went back to get a trim and color and my stylist told me she would need to take about an inch off which was exactly what I needed. Anyway, we are just blabbing away about local bands and new restaurants in town, etc., when she spins me around so I can see myself in the mirror..... I'm a little shocked! She took like three inches off! SOO SHORT!!! Too short in my mind and when she asks me what I think, its takes everything I have to hold back my tears and tell her that I love it. I get up and walk outside and it starts pouring. Of course it would start pouring, my car is only parked about 1/4 mile away.. but wait I just bought a new umbrella!! I'm saved.... NOPE it's in my car that's 1/4 mile away. So I start running to my car in my, of course, white shirt and black skirt. It actually feels kinda nice. It's been so hot out these last couple of weeks that even though I know I'm going to have to redo my hair when I get home and change for the dinner plans I have in a half an hour, I enjoy the downpour for a moment. Right as I see my car around the corner I also see a giant puddle. As I go to leap over the puddle and look down to make sure I clear it I look up just in time to see a branch of leaves smack me right in the face. To make matters worse the car passing by honks to say, " Yeah, I saw that. Thanks for the laugh." As soon as I get in the car and take a deep breath and scream to the top of my lungs, relieving the stress from the haircut gone wrong, the rain, the tree branch and then I call my mom. I know I know I still call my mom when I feel sad or I'm having a bad day. There is nothing wrong with that. After talking to her I feel better. I got home and my friends were there waiting on me to leave for dinner and as I dry my hair and change we down a bottle of Sangria. The day may not be too bad after all. Also, my friends and Adam say the love my hair, don't know if they are being nice or really mean it but either way I feel better!

5 comments:

  1. We are being for real. Stop worrying. Your hair looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're adorable, I'm sure it looks adorable on you! And if I had your mom I would definitely call her after a bad day too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just so darn cute...you could probably have a "boy" cute, and people would like you are adorable. Oh, yeah, you already did. It was a Dorthy Hamlin cut, just to be official. You are just as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside. I love you!!!! Even if you had no hair. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see your hair! i have been growing out a very short funky cut for a while and am SO bored with growing it, so i'm sure i'll have hair envy!

    ReplyDelete