Friday, August 20, 2010

Fun in the rain!!!

My friends and I had been planning a white water rafting trip for a couple weeks and when the day came last Monday we were stoked!!!! We got up early and packed the car, which you couldn't fit anything else into, and were on our way by 930. We had yet to look up directions but who needs too when three of the people in the car have the Iphone. So we looked up directions real quick and took off. Blasting awesome music, laughing and talking took up the next hour when I decided to ask Adam what our next move was on the directions. This is when our day started to take a turn for the worse. We had been going an hour in the wrong direction....LAME!!! I was a little, okay maybe more than a little peeved at my husband who never manages to fail at messing up directions, but when we realized we were still going to make our apt. for rafting at 2 o'clock I began to let go of it a little. When I get mad I tend to just not talk and let my thoughts steam for awhile, but I let my annoyance sizzle and was starting to be okay once we were about an hour from getting to our destination. We started jamming out to Michael Jackson once again! Everything was falling into to place. This was until we looked at our phones and realized there was an hour time change!!!! We were going to be late by thirty minutes!!!! I started to steam up once again! I think I was a little more annoyed because Adam and I were the ones who had paid for the whole trip and no one had paid us back yet and how was I suppose to ask for money for a trip that never happened! Not cool. Even though we missed our rafting trip, which we ended up getting vouchers for that we can use this year or next, we decided to set up camp! We had planned a tubing down the river trip as well the next day. So we set up camp close to the river and set out for the lake to go swimming. It started raining right when we got there but we were determined to not let it stopped us. So we jumped in and swam around for about an hour! Next it was on to the grocery store. It took us one hour to find a grocery store that was five minutes away!! Lets just say it was an interesting drive, filled with stories from Michael Ian Black's book. Once we finally got groceries we set out for the campsite once again and started grilling as soon as we got there. Then came our drunken night of catch phrase... ( I downed two bottles of wine!!!!). I don't remember much of the rest of the night other than getting sick and passing out once again in the tent... I know I'm so classy. The next day we got up and Jordan Mcgyver'd some awesome bacon, egg and cheese muffins and then came the rain. Maybe I should say torrential downpour! It didn't let up. When we decided it wasn't going to stop we decided to throw on our swim suits and start taking everything down. It was an experience that's for sure. The trip turned out to be pretty fun! Lots of laughing, lots of drinking and lots of rain! Who doesn't love doing things in the rain on a hot day?

1 comment:

  1. dave told me about your mis-direction! oh dear. that's awesome you got a voucher to go back, though, and sounds like it was a blast! those bacon, egg, and cheese muffins sound good to me too right now...mmm...

    ReplyDelete