Sunday, March 27, 2011

Back to School, Back to School .... sing it with me now!

Okay so I haven't been posting and there is a major reason why... I'm back in school FULL TIME! The semester only has about 5 1/2 weeks left and boy is it crunch time. I am really liking it so far and the lowest grade I have gotten in any of my classes is an 82. I feel like I have time for nothing though and nobody for that matter. So, if we are friends but I haven't been around lately I'm sorry I'm really wish there were more hours in the day. Soon summer will be upon us and I can go back to having so what of a life for a little while.


My first day of school photo:)


I know I'm a nerd.....


The reason I went back to school was in part because of this blog. I started this blog because I wanted to stop living life on the sidelines. I had gotten in the habit of always doing the same things and it was a boring rut that went on for too long. My thinking was that if I had a blog it would hold me somewhat accountable for getting out there and trying new things. Which I have and some things have just piled up and I haven't even been able to write about them yet. Anyway, it made me think about everything in my life. What else what I sitting on the sidelines for? This was HUGE! I had been wanting to go back to school for so long but there were so many things deterring me from doing it. For example, I didn't know what to go back for exactly, cost, afraid of failing and plain laziness. This had to end. The next step in Adam and I's life is children and I really want to have school behind me when that happens. That in itself was enough motivation for me to get my act together and get on with it. I now attend Volunteer State Community College in hopes of getting into their Radiology Technologist program! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Nice pic, I took a break from writing my Claim of Fact paper for English to read this. Now I gotta get back to it. See you at school...wait, no I won't. See you online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlie, I'm so proud of you! That's what makes it okay that you are busy and that I never see you. I do forsee some nights on the porch at 3 crow this summer.

    Did you know that my dad went to school for the same thing? He worked as a rad-tech for several years and then got specialized training for MRI's.

    Oh, and you may not have a ton of time, but I do. If you need someone to proof your papers let me know, I'm a freak and I love proofreading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks Alyson!! I can't wait for summer when I have time to hang out again! I love the new simple look of you blog! Very cute! That's awesome that your dad did the same thing. So did mine. I want to go into Ultrasound eventually! Hope all is well lady! Hopefully I will see you soon!

    Also, Allen thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. go you! getting school out of the way is a great idea before babies - i now speak from experience : ) thankfully i am not taking classes any more, so it's more like work than school, but...i have to get it done to graduate, so you should feel really good about doing this for yourself, and for your future kiddos! i'm always impressed when you post your grades on FB - you are working hard and it's paying off!

    ReplyDelete