Friday, September 2, 2011

All Natural.... with a little mousse!

          So I'm not even going to make excuses for not posting in forever because the truth is I just didn't care. I mean honestly it's not like any of you were just chomping at the bit to read my next post... lets be serious.... I'm not that interesting! But sometimes I just like to post on here the things that I'm thinking, things I've been up to or just post something silly to fill up some time in my day. I actually have a bunch of things I would like to post about right now so there should be more frequent postings for a little while anyway. 


           Anyway, today's post is about hair. I need help. I hate my hair so much and I always have. In high school my hair was a disaster!!! I honestly can't believe I actually had boyfriends. It was always so fluffy and feathery looking. I didn't even learn what a straightener was until my junior year in high school and then it became my best friend. 









I actually have naturally wavy/curly hair and its fine hair but there is a lot of it! I never know what to do with it so I just straighten it all the time... not healthy! I always have these little flyaways on the top of my head that look ridiculous! 


                                                         










It kinda looks like the top of this dogs head, except I don't make it look that cute. So I've decided if I'm 


going to get my hair healthy I'm going to have to were is natural more frequently... be prepared to be 

  
scared! Here is a quick photo shoot of my first attempt to go with my curly hair in quite sometime! 







Seriously!!!?!?!


I'm going to scare people! I'm even scaring myself! 


Well whatever... I guess this is what I got to do...  

Just own it girl! lol

4 comments:

  1. Also, if you are reading this "Like" my Adventures with Amberly Page on facebook! 7 Likes is a little sad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I don't know why the spacing gets all weird in the middle there... sorry! I can't seem to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it's cute! did you dry it with a diffuser? i have naturally curly hair too, although mine is not fine, so i don't know how different that is. i have NO time to style my hair any more so i just had my hairdresser trim mine to look good when i let it dry naturally. it feels a little boring for me. i always have a little rock star shape to my hair cut and now i don't, but, oh well! if you are going to let it go naturally more often, next time you get a cut, tell your stylist, because i've found that my girl can really give me a good cut that looks good natural or straightened, but the layers could be funny if they don't know you want to wear it curly. anyway, hope to see your au naturale hair in person soon : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Karen! I don't dry it at all with a hairdryer when I do it natural. I basically get out of the shower throw a towel around my head for a good ten minutes, then use a little bit of pantene curly hair mousse and kinda of scrunch my hair up a little with my hands and then let it air dry the rest of the way. Hope to see you soon too! I miss you guys! We should plan a dinner party of something soon!

    ReplyDelete