Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ice Cream

It's so HOT out all the time now its ridiculous so lately I have been craving some icy cold treats! Normally I would just go to Dairy Queen or stop by the store and grab a pint of Ben n Jerry Cherry Garcia and be happy but since I am trying to be more adventurous I decided to try some new places and I'm so glad that I did!

I didn't realize that Nashville has a popsicle shop... that's all the sell is popsicles.... doesn't that sound awesome??!!! I thought so too! It's called Las Paletas and it is amazing! They have juice pops and creamy pops and unique flavors but they are all made with whole fruits and fresh ingredients. My friend Alyson is the one who showed me this awesome shop and now I'm a little obsessed. The first one I tried was a banana chocolate flavor and it was filled with actual chunks of bananas. Then when I took some friends there last week I got a peanut butter flavor! Both I would def. recommend to anyone. My friends got flavors like clementine, strawberry, cucumber spice and hot chocolate. All were great and so much better than any popsicles you would find in the freezer section at your local grocery.

Want to try one?? Check it out they are only $2.50! The most awesome popsicles you will find!!!

But wait... there is more! The Pied Piper Creamery located in East Nashville near 5 Points! My good friend Courtney and I have been on the adventure of trying new eateries and we planned a little lunch date last week and decided to get some ice cream at the Pied Piper. Neither of us had ever been there and it was scorching hot outside so you can imagine how awesome some cold creamy goodness sounded! The Pied Piper is located in an older charming house in East Nashville. When you walk in the aroma itself is almost enough to satisfy your craving for something sweet. Picking your flavor is the hardest with flavors such as "Strawberry fields forever, Robert Brulee, White Trash" and more! I picked "Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger." I know it sounds lame but Butterfinger is my favorite candy bar and it had been way to long since I had one so when I saw that flavor I immediately went for it! It was delicious! Two scoops of that in a waffle cone should be able to cure cancer its so good! I can't wait to go back and try some more!

shop1.JPG



Check it out!! - You portal to amazingness

2 comments:

  1. two of my favorite places! YUM!!! i especially love to get lunch at i dream of weenie and follow it up with pied piper! did you know that the bongo javas and fidos sell las paletas too? just a few flavors at a time, but still, a great treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! I didn't know that! But thats good to know!!! Thanks!:)

    ReplyDelete