Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yoga

If you know me at all, you probably know that I'm OBSESSED with Jillian Michaels and her workout videos. I started with the "30 Day Shred" and then went on to buy her "No More Trouble Zones," and , "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism" videos. They are awesome! They are so challenging and even though by the end of them I find myself cursing the TV, I feel so accomplished afterwards. I originally was trying them to help lose weight for my wedding, but now that the wedding is done and gone I am still finding myself unhappy with my body. As a woman I'm not sure if this will ever change. For me working out only happens if I don't become bored! I have tons of friends who talk about doing yoga and how much they love it. In fact, I have a best friend who works at a yoga studio in LA and gets to meet celebrities all the time that take the classes. So jealous. However, for me I have always been afraid to try it. I have seen yoga done on TV and it has always just looked so complicated. I never understood how people get there bodies in some of those positions. I have wanted to take a class and try it out but I was always too embarrassed because I don't know the moves at all and how uncomfortable would that be to try to get used to the technique in front of a ton of strangers. Well, Jillian has saved me on this one! She now had a video called, " Yoga Meltdown" and its amazing!


Of course when I saw it advertised on Amazon in the , " you bought these things so you will probably like this" column I immediately put it my online shopping cart and bought it! I couldn't wait to get it in the mail! When it finally arrived I put on my workout clothes and popped it in the DVD player. The reason I love Jillian is because she explains things so well and she is very encouraging, especially when its hard moves she gives you steps to work up to them! Let me tell you ... I have fallen in love with this video! This video is a hybrid style of yoga which means it uses power poses with movement to help get your heart rate up to help melt fat while sculpting your body! It makes me feel like my body is becoming longer and leaner instead of getting bulky like lifting weights makes me feel. I am so confident that I am going to try an actual yoga class very soon and I can't wait to post about it! Until then, keep reading for there are many more adventures to come!

2 comments:

  1. that's awesome! i have a "Bob" yoga video (you know - of Bob and Jillian), and i like it but haven't done it nearly enough. i'm not sure why...i have a pilates video i like that i am so much more comfortable with and i think i've been lazy to get into the other. however...a friend from san fran just sent me a prenatal yoga video with an instructor she used out there and highly recommends. as my nausea is starting to wane and i am ready to exercise again, i am looking forward to trying this. not only is it great exercise, but it's supposed to have great benefits for labor! i'll try anything that makes that better! can't wait to hear more about your yoga adventures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Now I want to try it!!

    ReplyDelete