Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Job!

Hey folks,

    So as most of you know already I quit my job at Germantown Cafe to work for Marche Artisan Foods. This was a huge decision for me.  I have and will always have loyalty to Germantown Cafe. It's still hard for me to believe that I don't work there. However I don't and my new home is with Marche.

       VS    
     I started looking for a new job when the money at Germantown became inconsistent. With the opening of Germantown Cafe East and all the new hires I was starting to see a major cash flow problem when doing my finances.  With Adam and I on the Dave Ramsey plan and being bound and determined to get out of debt in December 2012, I had to look around at all my options. When I called a good friend of mine up I discovered that there was an opening at Marche. Marche and Germantown attract a lot of the same clientele, but Marche runs with longer shifts and fewer servers, which in the end means a bigger payout for you know who... ME! I decided to apply with little hope that I would actually get it (Not the most experienced server with only 4yrs under my belt). However, when I went in to apply I talked to one of the owners and by the end of the day I was offered a following shift the next day just to see if the fit would be right. By the end of that shift I was offered a job and have been working there ever since.
    When I found out I got the job it was super bittersweet. I was excited to know that I was going to be able to make more money for Adam and I, but I was super stressed over leaving Germantown. I know this may sound stupid but I loved the people there. I got along really well with the owners Chris and Jay, all the managers, and of course all the servers I had been working side by side with for so long. Germantown was my comfort zone and my home away from home family.  I even cried giving my two weeks. SUPER LAME I KNOW!
      Now I feel like I have the best of both worlds. I'm making more money and have made some great new friends as well as keeping all the great friends I had at Germantown. I still love to go and eat at Germantown because I miss the food almost as much as I miss the people, but I can definitely say I'm happy to be where I am. Marche is a great place to work with great people and fantastic fresh food and I'm happy to be a part of another great restaurant.

1 comment:

  1. congrats, girl - good for you! we cannot wait to visit you at marche!

    ReplyDelete