Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm driving....... oh crap I'm in a guardrail!:(

         If you've ever been in a wreck you will know exactly how fast it can happen and how completely terrifying it really is. This happened to me. The day before our big 20 hr drive to North Dakota I decided I would go have lunch with Adam in Gallatin on his lunch break, ya know because I'm a good wife like that and I missed his sweet face. Anyway, it was raining cats and dogs and I was on my way home and all of the sudden I hydroplaned and the back end of my car was fishtailing. I could feel that I was losing control. This is the point when I'm pretty sure I started getting that sick to my stomach feeling... I tried pumping my brakes to gain control back but that didn't work. A few seconds later I completely lost control. This is the point where I'm pretty sure I was screaming, "FUCK, FUCK FUCK, NO, NO, NO FUCK," (pardon my language but when you feel like you are about to die you apparently turn into somewhat of a sailor, or maybe that's just me). I hit the left guardrail first, which bounced my car back onto the highway where I hit another car and then proceeded to hit the right guardrail where I finally came to a stop.


    

               I was feeling so many emotions. I was scared that the person in the car I hit was hurt or worse, I was happy I was still alive, I was confused on what I should to do next, I was letting the what ifs roll through my head as I looked out the windshield and saw the 2-3 story drop I would have taken if the guardrail wasn't there, so mainly I was just plain freaked out. I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of the car and 2 or 3 cars had stopped to make sure that I was okay but no one was checking to see if the other car was okay. I immediately ran to the other car that was about 20 yards ahead of me and checked on them. Luckily it was a middle aged man by himself who was completely fine. I was so relieved.  I headed back to the car to call Adam. Once I got in the car the tears started. I can't explain why I was crying I just was. I was exploding with emotions and calling my husband just made life seem that much more precious. I couldn't help but think, what if he was getting a call from someone else right now saying that I was not okay... what a freaky thought.

       Once everything was sorted out with the police and insurance we headed home where I finally started realizing that my head was throbbing and my knees hurt really bad. After a few ibuprofen and some lounging on the couch I felt better. My knees continued to hurt for about a week but they were just bruised from hitting the dashboard.. no serious damage. Thank goodness.

        My car has been totaled and although I LOVED my Nissan, it has actually been somewhat of a blessing that it was totaled. My insurance paid for the rest of what we owed on the car with a couple thousand to spare for the purchase of my new car. Since we are on Dave Ramsey's plan we decided to get a cheaper car so that we wouldn't have another car payment. Although we did have to finance a small part of the new car it will be paid of in a couple of months and we will never have a car payment again! What a relief. The new car is a 2003 Ford Taurus, which has been named Myrtle.


                           2003 Ford Taurus SES is a Grey 2003 Ford Taurus Car for Sale in Falls Church VA

No comments:

Post a Comment