Saturday, October 23, 2010

Adam turns 30!

So a couple of weeks ago Adam, my husband, turned 30! He was a little nervous about it for awhile but now that it's here and gone he's completely cool rocking the fact that he is no longer in his twenties! I mean he's got a smoking hot young wife, what else could he want!?..... just kidding! So, to celebrate we went to Florida! My parents have this awesome time share deal where we end up getting great deals on our vacations as well, so we decided to take advantage and take a short little trip to the Sunshine State. Since we booked a two bedroom condo we thought it would be nice to share our trip with another couple so we took our good friends Jason and Kristy. We had a blast! Yes, the drive was long, and yes, I got car sick part of the way, but it was all worth it!

The first day there we decided to just relax and check out one of the many outlet malls and go to eat at Adam and I's favorite pizza place, Uno's, which we sadly do not have in Nashville. It was just as good as I remember if not better. If you have ever had the chance to eat here you know exactly what I'm talking about! Their pizza's have the best crust ever. They also have our favorite dessert which is a chocolate chip cookie baked into a personal pizza pan and served with copious amounts of vanilla bean ice cream, whip cream and chocolate sauce! YUM!



Once we got back to the hotel we decided that we and our food babies wanted to relax in the hot tub! Since we had hit Wal-Mart up earlier I already had my wine cooling in the fridge! The perfect ending to our day!

The next day was Adam's birthday so we were bound to do something fun and we all decided to head to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Adam was the only one who had been there before and we were all so excited to explore it together!

We started with Islands of Adventure which was smart because they had a lot more rides! The Hulk was our first ride and probably my favorite! With its twists and turns it had my heart pumping and I was laughing because I looked over at Kristy who never even opened her eyes!


Next we hit up the Spiderman ride! SO MUCH FUN! I am not usually a fan of 3D rides but this took it to a whole other level. I was dodging bricks and enemies. It was like they were reaching out to grab me, it was so fun!!! Just walking around the park was fun! Just seeing all the little details in every different area of the park was cool. My favorite even though there was only a water ride was the Jurassic Park area! It was cool to hear all the noises and to feel like you were in the jungle!


After Jurassic Park we headed to the NEW HARRY POTTER WORLD! Now, Adam and I have never read the books or seen the movies so we didn't really think we would be that into it, but it was so so cool!!! It was so detailed! I've seen the movie trailers and it looked just like it! I was actually inspired to read the books! I can't wait to start!



After we had seen all of Islands of Adventure we headed over to Universal! It was so neat! It felt like we were on a movie set! We even got to see the Back to the Future car!!!


At Universal we got to ride the new Simpson's ride and the E.T. ride. Adam and I also hit up The Mummy which was amazing! Another 3D ride that blew me away! I hope we definitely make another trip back soon! So much fun! After a day of walking around it was time to go back to hotel so Adam could watch The Vikings game and the rest of us could rest our feet in the hot tub! I slept so good that night!

The next day was our last:( We decided to just take a day and relax. Kristy and I even got to schedule hour massages in our room which felt amazing! We got to hang out around the pool and even have races down the dueling water slides. We decided to take some paddle boats out on the lake as well!



That night we wanted to check out Benihana the Japanese Steak House right down the road. It was so delicious! Nothing like some fresh Japanese food and some late night hot tub action to make our ending to our vacation perfect!

What are some of your favorite vacation spots?!

1 comment:

  1. looks like y'all had a great time! we don't really get to take true vacations that often...usually our trips involve visiting our families in one way or another, but i'd have to say new orleans is one of my favorite spots to visit. when dave was flight instructing there, i'd take the better part of a week to go down every other month and there is no better city to eat and drink in! plus it's beautiful, and there's a lots of history. i highly recommend it!!! we had some friends/family who are locals who gave us some insiders suggestions on places to go, too, so that was really key to enjoying the city and not feeling like tourists. mmm...thinking about it makes me hungry! : )

    ReplyDelete